Supply Chain Management | Enhance your Supply Chain with Oracle SCM Cloud
An intelligent Supply Chain Management is a strategic choice that companies cannot live without. Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, and Blockchain are just some of the technologies that when applied to the Supply Chain, companies become more agile and are in line with the changing needs of its customer. Let’s look at the tools that are available in the Oracle SCM Cloud solution.
Supply Chain Management, advantages of digitalization
To stand out and achieve optimal results in the digital age, companies need to have a fast, agile, and intelligent Supply Chain that allows for an in-depth connection with the customer and their expectations.
The biggest challenge for Supply Chain Managers is to obtain a transparent and complete view of the supply chain in real-time, so as to speed up the decision-making process and ensure real efficiency and value for the end customer.
The most innovative Supply Chain Leaders have already launched investments in cloud-based digital technologies, with clear improvements in terms of performance and customer satisfaction. These benefits of a customer-centric digital supply chain are obvious:
- Real-time traceability of products along the Value Chain
- Accelerate time to market through increased agility
- Reduction of operating costs
- Collaboration between the players in the supply chain.
According to the McKinsey report The case for digital reinvention, companies that digitize their supply chains can expect to increase annual earnings by 3.2% (before interest and taxes) and annual revenue growth by 2.3%.
Integrated and collaborative management of the Supply Chain: Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain
Technologies such as the Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, and Blockchain play a key role in the development of an intelligent and the newest generation Supply Chain Management. In fact, the collection and analysis of data that these technologies offer, enable insights along the entire supply chain, bringing benefits to companies in terms of productivity, agility, time-to-deliver, risk, and cost reduction.
Advantages of the Internet of Things (IoT) for Supply Chain Management
IoT has revolutionized the management of the supply chain. It has, in fact, transformed production processes, inventory management, and logistics, making them more intelligent and reliable and significantly improving the customer experience.
Some of these IoT features applied to the Supply Chain allow you to:
- Instantly monitor manufacturing returns globally, ensuring greater efficiency and a drastic reduction in time-to-market.
- Get full inventory visibility in real-time.
- Track the status of goods in real-time and, therefore, monitor deliveries all over the world.
Advantages of Artificial Intelligence for Supply Chain Management
AI technology allows you to obtain detailed information on products and to formulate predictive models on the trends based on demand. Its features allow you to:
- Identify the adequate quantities of goods to be kept in stock, avoiding out-of-stock, and limiting lost sales.
- Predict the weather and traffic conditions and properly plan delivery to the customer.
Advantages of Blockchain for Supply Chain Management
Blockchain also has great potential for Supply Chain Management. The “block chain” technology guarantees access to data in real-time for all the players involved in the value chain. In particular:
- Improves the end-to-end traceability of goods and transactions and transparency along the entire Supply Chain.
- Allows the sharing of information on production, delivery, and maintenance between the various players in the Supply Chain.
- Helps to increase trust in business transactions, to reduce delays, costs, and errors.
Oracle SCM Cloud, the best cloud solution for a Digital Supply Chain
Oracle SCM Cloud is the most complete suite of Supply Chain Management in the Cloud.
The solution offers end to end visibility and all of the functionalities capable of having a Digital Supply Chain.
Oracle Supply Chain Management Cloud (Oracle SCM Cloud) guarantees important benefits to companies thanks to AI, IoT and Blockchain incorporated:
- It prevents the problem of out-of-stock through omnichannel management of orders
- Improves Customer Experience
- Reduces the risk and costs of processing and shipping orders.
Oracle’s SCM Cloud solution helps you focus on key business decisions to respond more quickly to customer needs. Atlantic Technologies, an Oracle Gold Partner, boasts consolidated experience in digital transformation, Supply Chain processes, and in-depth knowledge of Cloud technologies.
Do you want to stay up to date on the most innovative solutions in Supply Chain Management? Subscribe to our Newsletter.